Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Very Wordy Wednesday...

...because it can't be "Wordless Wednesday" with even one word, right? So, a couple of weeks ago, I put a little blurb on Facebook about the Relay for Life benefitting the American Cancer Society. A couple of people asked about it, so I am going to go into a little more detail on my blog. My nephew's 20 year old girlfriend is battling (and defeating) cancer. Check out her blog, http://emilyupdate09.blogspot.com/
She is awesome and I love her and her spunky attitude.
She is the team leader for her relay group at OSU and Tyler is in her group. Their team name is Kitty kickin' cancer. The name comes from a "hello kitty" balloon someone gave Emily when she was in the ICU. Still inflated now. No kitties were actually harmed in the team naming process!
If you would like to donate, you can do it online. It is totally tax deductible and every dollar counts. Skip your Starbucks vente white chocolate mocha and give to the American Cancer Society. The link:
http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR/RelayforLife/RFLFY10PL?team_id=669965&pg=team&fr_id=23721

Please, if I have ever bought something from your child, grandchild, etc., now is the time to return the favor. Do it because you have healthy children, grandchildren. Do it because you never want to hear the words "Your child has cancer." Do it to honor someone who lost their fight with the hateful disease. Do it because someone you love fought and survived. Do it because cancer doesn't discriminate. It strikes the very young, very old. Do it because every dollar helps. Shameless begging, I know, but everyone has been touched by this awful disease. Please donate. Just.Do.It.

Thank you so much.

And, Tyler, cash my check and put it in your team's account! :)

3 comments:

Stacy said...

I am doing it! I will give up a spring dress to donate money.
My prayers are with her too!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ashlee Osborn said...

It's not too late to donate, is it? I hope not. Emily rocks!