Monday, September 13, 2010

Labor Day Fun

Steve, Ashlee, Jason, and I went to the Oklahoma Aquarium Labor Day, hoping to jumpstart some labor (didn't work). I was underwhelmed last time I visited, which was when it first opened, so I had low expectations. It's also kind of pricey ($14.95). I was certainly surprised - we had a great time and it was well worth the admission price. Loved the octopus, jellyfish, and starfish. What I liked most, though, was the beaver and otters. Unfortunately, the otters were too fast for me to get a good photo.

Ashlee and I thought of Macey Kirkpatrick when we saw these giant bullfrogs. Cindy has the cutest photo of Macey when she was three or four holding a giant bullfrog. That girl has no fear. I thought the frogs looked happy.How cute is this little turtle? He was about the size of a silver dollar and he was sunning himself on a log. Look at his back feet - they are stretched out really far and weren't touching the log at all. I love it.

Totally fascinated by jellyfish - as long as they are behind glass and not in the water I'm playing in!So, are the two glowing things on this sea urchin eyes? I don't know, but it was kind of freaky.

Crazy Octopus

OSU orange starfishShrimp
Another shrimp, aka Ashlee, and Eli

I guess the alligator scared the grandie and he decided he didn't want to come out and play.

1 comment:

Erin said...

She is such a pretty preggo. Can't wait for your next post....!!!! :)