Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Livin' on Island Time

Not gonna lie. This may be my longest post ever. I'm sorry. I had almost 600 photos to go through and these made the cut. If you want a vacation that is relaxing, Sanibel Island is the place to go. We went to the beach, collected shells, hung out in the condo, explored the island, and just enjoyed each other's company. Might be the best vacation I have ever had. First time in a long while I wasn't ready to come home. Could have stayed at least two or three more days, maybe a week. Came back refreshed. Here's how we began our vacation:

Flight leaves at 6:00AM - what?! We have reserved seats, but Steve is up and at 'em. "Are you ready to board?" So funny.

On the tram in Ft. Myers. Ashlee creeping into the photo. Let the fun begin!

We rented two cars. The kids got the cute convertible (I was a secondary driver for this car so I got to drive it a couple of times) and Steve and I got the VW Jetta. I think I prefer air conditioning to a convertible. The kids look so cute in this car.
View from our screened-in porch. Love it.

On the beach, looking back at our condo. We were on the third floor and had a private roof top deck above. It was a wonderful three bedroom/three bath condo. Tyler slept on the huge sectional in the living room.

A wedding on the beach. Jason and I were playing paparazzi from the deck of the condo. The bride was beautiful.
Katie is so cute!



The guys being silly. Love it.
Some of the critters we saw:
Hang on, little buddy.
Beach bunny. Saw him by the boardwalk leading down to the beach.You lookin' at me?
Cute little gecko/lizard. They were everywhere.

Waiting to board our ship, "Lady Chadwick" for the dolphin cruise - it was soooo hot that day.

Dolphin cruise - see the babies? So cute! Oh, that's Jason's elbow.
Best looking pregnant woman I know. We went to Captiva Island for lunch at the Bubble Room. Fun and boy, did they have good desserts!
Uh-oh! Who fed Bo-Bo bubble bread?
Tyler is so awkward sometimes...
...and sometimes he's just beautiful. The bridge connecting Sanibel Island to Florida. I wasn't ready to make the return trip. I wanted to stay.
Wish she had a Dunkin Donuts in Owasso. Look how happy she is.
Peace... and love from Sanibel Island. Can't wait to go back.

6 comments:

Happy Trails said...

So glad you had a good time. Really cute pics. My favorite is the one of Tyler and Katie walking away from you on the beach. I agree that Ashlee is a beautiful pregnant woman. However, it seems odd calling her a woman rather than girl. Can't believe all our babies are grown up and have or having babies. Glad your home though. Now I'm not.

Katie said...

I think there were pictures of the beach ... I think there were pictures of your family ... but all I saw were the DUNKIN' DONUTS!! AAHHH!! HEAVEN!!

:)

So glad you guys had a fun trip. Looks lovely.

Tootie said...

I enjoyed looking at your vacation photos. Even though I live on the island, I never get tired of looking at pictures and seeing things through someone elses eyes.

Erin said...

What a fun trip! Great pictures. Glad you got to get away with the fam and relax!

Unknown said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! I can see how you didn't want to come back!

But I know one little girl that will glad to have you back. Last Sunday after she got her dress on for church she said, "Mom, this dress sparkles, Ms. Pam will love it!"

Annie said...

I don't think you can have too many pics on a post. But I bet you will be able to beat this one when little Eli comes along. :) Thanks for posting, really enjoyed looking at your vacation pics. It only made me insanely jealous!!