Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Nursery Duty

I have neglected my blog for too long. Ashlee has asked me several times to post better pictures of Eli's "G-Ma House" nursery, so here goes. I wanted the nursery to be modern, but cozy. Steve loves the outdoors, so this is a happy middle ground.



This is what you see when you open the door. I almost kept Eli's little Christmas tree up because it's so cute, but I couldn't stand it, and it came down the first week of January. The birch tree curtain panels came from IKEA.There are two closets and hanging on one of the handles is this sun. It was made for Ashlee when she was a baby so the sun would always shine on her. How sweet is that?

This little stool also belonged to Eli's mom.Don't you love that photo hanging above the daybed? I took it while Ashlee and Eli were still in the hospital. He looks so content. LOVE. Oh, by the way, I put the daybed together by myself.

The owl bank was given to me by Ashlee and Jason. I had admired it at Target. Love it. You can barely see it, but there is a cute little picture of Steve holding Ashlee when she was a newborn. Retro alarm clock is from Urban Outfitters. Cute picture frame is from Surcee (thanks Noelle!).

Not gonna lie - this is where most of the action takes place in this nursery. What in the world would I do without a changing table? Eli and I have many conversations while I am dressing or changing him.My totally awesome glider where Eli and I snuggle, read books, sing a little, fall asleep... Remind me sometime to tell you the story of trying to get the striped afghan at IKEA. Yeesh. The cute white table is from Burlington Coat Factory and it was super inexpensive. Had some paint scratched off, but I just spray painted the whole thing with primer and white paint. Good as new.
I found this lamp at Ziegler's. When you turn it on, you can see a woodland print glowing on the shade. Very soothing, very cozy modern.


Also found this wooden circles mirror at Ziegler's (on sale!) and could not resist it. I love the texture.
Eli's little library. This silly little shelf doesn't begin to hold all his books. Oh well. Sometimes you have to choose form over function.
This is Eli's bed. I bought the same kind of mattress that he has at home so his G-Ma bed wouldn't feel different than his crib at home. I found the crib online-it's bamboo. I put it together. Then took it apart so I could fit the bed skirt over the frame. Then put it back together. Yes, I am kind of handy.No, he doesn't sleep with all those toys in his bed. Soon the video monitor will be mounted on the wall. He is starting to reach for it. Bedding by Amenity Home.

Cute little pennant banner for photos.And the best part of the nursery is the baby that sleeps in it. Eli is snuggled under Tyler's baby blanket from his great grandma.

That's it. The grand tour. It's one of my favorite rooms in the house.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the woodland stuff...especially the lamp and the mirror! SUPER cute! We're going to redecorate our livingroom soon in a woodland theme, so I just might have to copy those two elements. :)

Very cute (and modern) nursery!!

Erin said...

Wow Pam, that looks awesome! Eli is one lucky lad!

Stacy said...

Wow what awesome room!!!

Unknown said...

Love the room! So adorable!

Eavan said...

What an absolutely gorgeous nursery.


Visit for more information on Nursery Glider

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

Hi there,
Thanks for visiting my blog. You asked about the little cake stand being food-safe. Unfortunately, I don't think so. I just made it for displaying things on.
Have a good day.
M.L.